F.I.D.O. is a 501(c)(3) organization, which means we operate on the generosity of donations from the community and those we help. Click here to make a donation today! During the donation process, please indicate to direct the funds to our lost dog recovery program. Don't want to make a donation online? You can also send a check payable to FIDO/Lost Dog Recovery at:
FIDO/Lost Dog Recovery
P.O. Box 30069
Indianapolis, IN 46230
Your donation will be invested in items that further aid in returning lost and stray dogs to their families or getting them into a safe rescue organization. Making a donation will enable us to purchase the following equipment:
- Microchip Scanner — A scanner would enable us to know immediately if a dog is microchipped and to quickly locate the owner.
- Materials to build additional traps.
- Signs used at intersections to generate leads on sightings of a lost dog.
- Dog food, cat food, sardines...stinky bait for luring lost dogs to the food station.
- A catch pole for those dogs that may be less friendly when captured in the Missy Trap.
- Cellular trail cameras for monitoring feeding stations and the traps when deployed.
- Professional grade two-way radios.
- Night vision glasses — We work in the dark, too!
- A quadcopter (drone) with a GoPro and thermal imaging camera for locating dogs in remote areas.
- Gas cards! We are volunteers who, without your support, must cover gas expenses from our own pockets. Generally, we cover the greater Indianapolis area but will travel anywhere within the state of Indiana.
Contributions to F.I.D.O. are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Thank you for helping us bring more dogs home!