posted Mar 9, 2016, 7:23 AM by Marie Lewis
updated Mar 9, 2016, 7:30 AM
- Check flowers for toxicity! Many popular Spring flowers like tulips, lilies and daffodils, are poisonous. When in doubt, ask a vet!
- Avoid plastic Easter grasses and ribbons that can become tangled in a pet’s digestive tract.
- Keep all chocolate away from pets!
- Make sure your guests know not to feed pets from the table.
- Watch out for fertilizers/herbicides. Make sure lawn applications have absorbed/dried before pets play in the grass, and make sure bags and bottles of chemical are stored safely out of reach.
In addition to your vet, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) is a helpful resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435.
Use the attached image file to share with friends!