posted Jul 3, 2016, 1:54 PM by Marie Lewis
The ASPCA published a list of July 4th safety tips
and we wanted to share them here with you! Due to the fear and anxiety surrounding holiday fireworks, more pets go missing on July 4th than any other day. Have fun, but take care of your furry friends! Give them some extra love and attention this weekend.
- Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them.
- Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals.
- Always keep matches and lighter fluid out of your pets’ reach.
- Keep your pets on their normal diet, and keep in mind that foods such as onions, chocolate, coffee, avocado, grapes, raisins, salt and yeast dough can all be potentially toxic to companion animals.
- Do not put glow jewelry on your pets, or allow them to play with it.
- Keep citronella candles, insect coils and tiki torch oil products out of reach.
- Never use fireworks around pets!
- Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets, who can become frightened or disoriented by the sound.